ASI Solutions is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience.
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, we are the controller.
Personal information means any information or an opinion about you (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), by which you may be identified directly or indirectly, whether on its own or in combination with other information, whether true or not, and which is submitted to and/or collected by us in an accessible form.
Sensitive information means personal information about things such as your membership of professional associations, race, ethnic origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, biometric information and health information.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
We collect and hold:
- your contact details, such as e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number;
- in order to access some of the services provided by ASI, we may need to collect further personal details, such as membership of particular organisations (such as membership number, membership status, membership expiry date) that qualify you to access some services, date and place of birth, gender, qualifications;
- information you make available on the Sites;
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information about you when it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our activities or functions. This personal information is collected in a number of ways, including:
Through the Sites: We may collect personal information from the Sites, such as when you visit, use or register on our Websites, Apps or Social Media Pages, join (or request to join), post in or otherwise contribute to an ASI Social Media Page, or when you complete a survey;
From you: We may collect personal information from you when you contact, do business or interact with us by phone or email, apply for, enrol in or register for a program or activity, or enter into a competition;
From third parties: We may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, acquired contact lists, regulators and government and statutory bodies.
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF WE DID NOT COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The provision of your personal information is voluntary. However, if you cannot, or will not, provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may not be able to contact you or otherwise interact with you, process your application, registration, subscription renewal or request, perform our statutory functions, or provide you with some or all of our products and services.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not collect or use your personal information unless it is lawful for us to do so. We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- fulfilling orders, or requests for information, for products or services as requested by you (with your consent, if required);
- for promotional and marketing purposes, including communicating information about our products and services (with your consent, if required);
- communicating with customers via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current products/services or of potential new products/services that may be offered, or any other program or transactions with us;
- operating, monitoring, moderating and improving our Sites;
- for the provision of services by independent contractors;
- fulfilling our contractual and other regulatory obligations;
- conducting, managing and reporting on quality assurance reviews and audits;
- managing complaints, including undertaking investigations; and providing information to Australian and overseas regulators, government and statutory bodies (such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission);
- conducting competitions;
- organising and hosting training and events (including with third parties);
- providing products and services, or information relating to such products and services (with your consent, if required);
- assessing or improving our products and services, as well as for training and quality purposes, including building profiles, monitoring, recording and analysing online interactions and communications between you and us; and
- providing information to third parties as authorised or required by law or a court or tribunal.
ASI Solutions does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
We have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It is also fundamental to the nature of the products and services we provide.
In some cases it will be lawful for us to collect and use your personal information, for example where it is necessary as part of our, or a third party's statutory or public function or because the law permits or requires us to.
In addition to the specific circumstances above, we will only use your personal information with your consent (if required under applicable data protection laws) when we process your personal information in order to send you carefully selected marketing materials about our products and services (or those of our third party partners) by email, text or push notification, depending on your account or operating system settings. You have the right to opt out of receiving such direct marketing at any time.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving direct marketing messages from us, the easiest way to do so (for electronic messages) is to use the unsubscribe feature in the marketing message you have received. You can also let us know by contacting us using the contact details set out in the "How to contact us" section. In your request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us. If you are a member, you can also update your communication preferences via the preference centre of your login page.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We do not use your personal information or disclose it to another organisation unless:
- it is reasonably necessary for one of the purposes described above;
- having regard to the nature of the information or the circumstances of collection we believe you would expect us to use the information or make the disclosure;
- required or authorised by law or court or tribunal;
- it is necessary to protect the rights, property, health or personal safety of a member, the public or our interests, and it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain your consent;
- the disclosure is necessary to assist any entity, body or person to locate a person who has been reported missing;
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and we believe that the collection, use or disclosure is necessary in order for us to take appropriate action;
- the assets and operations of our business are transferred to another party as a going concern;
- it is necessary to obtain third party services, for example to carry out data analysis or provide information processing services (where use of your information by third parties is strictly controlled);
- it is for one of the purposes expressly permitted under applicable data protection and privacy laws; or
- you have provided your consent.
For avoidance of doubt, we may disclose your personal information to:
- any of our related and associated companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, including those established in the future;
- any data processors processing your information on our behalf;
- where applicable, third parties who provide related services or products in connection with our business such as our vendors, business partners, and any party assisting us in carrying out the purposes described above;
- parties which participate in joint marketing schemes with us;
- any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, order processing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or other services necessary to the operation of our business;
- any person to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to make disclosure as required by any applicable law;
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers; and / or
- our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may be determined to be necessary or appropriate.
To suppress or limit our use of your personal information that has been previously provided to us, please email, call or write to us using the contact information listed below in the "How to contact us" section.
ASI Solutions does not sell, rent or lease personal information or its customer lists to third parties. ASI Solutions may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, any personal information is not transferred to the third party.
We also use the services of certain third party service providers which may have offices or other operations outside of Australia. As a result, your personal information may be disclosed to recipients in those foreign countries.
The recipients of such information may be located in Australia, United States of America, and Europe.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Individuals may request access to their personal information unless we are permitted by law to withhold that information. Individuals may also request the correction of any personal information which is inaccurate. Any requests for access or correction of your personal information should be made in writing to our Privacy Officer / Data Protection Officer.
We will in most cases provide an individual with access to their personal information. To the extent permitted by law, there are some exceptions where this access may be denied, namely where:
- providing access may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- providing access would be unlawful or would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted in relation to local law by, or on behalf of, us or an enforcement body;
- ) providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, relating to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter;
- giving access would reveal evaluative information generated by us in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process;
- we reasonably believe that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, physical or mental health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- where we are otherwise permitted by applicable data protection and privacy laws to do so.
To request access and seek the correction of personal information held by us, please email, call or write to us using the contact information listed below in the "How to contact us" section.
We will endeavour to respond to any access or correction request within 20 working days of receipt.
RESIDENTS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information (where applicable):
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you. For your own privacy and security, at our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
- Rectification. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you rectified.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain personal information we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal information which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
To make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal information, please email, call or write to us using the contact information listed below in the "How to contact us" section.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which that personal information was collected and to the extent permitted by applicable laws. When we no longer need to use personal information, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymise it so you can no longer be identified from it.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures and security safeguards to protect, as is reasonable in the circumstances, the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, interference and/or unauthorised access, use, disclosure or alteration of information under our control. The personally identifiable information you provide is stored on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Where practicable, we implement measures to require organisations to whom disclosure is made to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. If a third party is given access to personal information we take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is held securely and used only for the purpose of providing the relevant service or activity.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem using the contact information listed below in the "How to contact us" section
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The Sites collect other information that may or may not be personal information. Other information includes information that does not reveal your identity, such as:
- browser and device information;
- server log file information;
- App usage data;
- demographic information;
- location information;
- aggregated information.
HOW DO WE COLLECT OTHER INFORMATION?
Through your use of an App: When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
HOW DO WE USE OTHER INFORMATION?
Please note that we may use and disclose such other information which is not personal information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law; for example, if we are required to treat that information as personal information under applicable law.
In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information. If other information can be combined with personal information or can be used to build a profile of an individual (in a way which could be reasonably used to identify that individual), such other information will be treated by us as personal information.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through ASI Solutions public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: ASI Solutions does not read any of your private online communications.
ASI Solutions encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from ASI Solutions so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. ASI Solutions is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the ASI Solutions and ASI Solutions family of websites.
SURVEYS AND CONTESTS
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose any information requested. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and delivery address), and demographic information (such as postcode, age level). Contact information will be used to notify winner and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the functionality of the site.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
ASI Solutions will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. ASI Solutions encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how ASI Solutions is protecting your information.
If you would like any further information about our handling of personal information or to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please lodge a written complaint addressed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. Once we receive your complaint, we will respond to you within a reasonable period of time, usually within 20 working days.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may contact us further to advise of your concerns a
nd, if we are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, you may wish to take your complaint to the local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT US
ASI Solutions welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that ASI Solutions has not adhered to this Statement and/or if you have a suggestion or complaint, please contact ASI Solutions Marketing Department at email@example.com.
If would like to lodge a complaint about any of our Direct Marketing activities or Unsubscribe from receiving our marketing materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to determine and correct the problem promptly.
Mailing Address and Phone Number: